This Tattoo was designed and applied by Brian Hopson of Ocean Mystique’s Ink Gallery in Virginia Beach, Virginia
In total, the tattoo took approximately 10 hours to complete. I did this in one sitting. Yes, I know what your thinking. “10 hours? no way….”. Well I assure you, yes it took ten hours, and yes, ten hours of getting tattooed takes much dedication and lots and lots of distractions.
Here was my tattoo timeline:
- 10:00 am – Laughing and joking with the tattoo artist while he apply’s the stencil and starts on the outline.1
- 1:00 am – Admiring how awesome the design looks while outline is being done.
- 12:00 pm – Wife Stacey shows up and takes a look. outline still being done.
- 1:00 pm – Stop for lunch, have some pizza, fellow shop workers stop to check out the tattoo.
- 2:00 pm – Back at it, finished up outline, started shading.
- 3:00 pm – Still shading, and touching up outline. <em>(ouline is now sore and five hours in a chair is taking its toll)
- 4:00 pm – Andrew stops by to check things out. Says “that looks painful”, shading still taking place.
- 5:00 pm – Shading is now complete. We take a break. Sitting in a chair is now becoming tough to do. Arm is very sore.
- 6:00 pm – Coloring of the tattoo commences. The end is in sight.
- 7:00 pm – I WANT OUT OF THIS CHAIR!!! my arm hurts. Coloring is still being done.
- 8:00 pm – I want to curl up in a ball and cry. My arm is so swollen, sore, and tender to the touch. Tattoo Complete.